This blog gives me a space to record my adventures, my successes and failures, my thoughts, and all things pertaining to my family and my extended family.
We had the most wonderful trip to Portland, Oregon a few weeks ago. The main event was our granddaughter Gwen's baptism, but we made it into a very memorable family reunion and so much more. Day One (October 14th): I had only been home from my trip to Germany for 2 full days when we set off for the U.S. I was excited to see even more family, so I just tried to get as much sleep as I could along the way. We flew from Venice to London Heathrow - about 2.5 hours. This was my first time in Heathrow. We knew it was a huge airport ahead of time, so we did a little bit of research before we left home by studying a map and estimating which terminal(s) we would likely fly in and out of. Turns out that Heathrow is kinda weird . . . There are 5 large terminals, but within those terminals, there are "sub" terminals (A, B, C). We landed in Terminal 5A, but it was a long time before we figured out which terminal we needed to fly out of (Terminal 5B). Scott guessed that it was going...
How am I going to find the words to describe how life-changing it was to be a part of my very first Women's Wellness Retreat?? I will do my best . . . Last fall, my friend here in Vicenza - Emily Thompson - looped me in regarding a retreat she was planning for the spring. There were several things on the list of activities that I was unfamiliar with, compared to the few things I was maybe 1% familiar with. But the whole idea called to me nonetheless. First, I had to convince Scott to let me go, since the price tag was a little out of our comfort zone. Over the course of several days, we finally found a compromise which involved me giving up the opportunity to visit him in Morocco around the same time. It needed to be one or the other, and I chose the retreat. The location was magical, remote, peaceful, and exquisitely picturesque . . . (Photo credit: Emily Werner) (Photo credit: Emily Werner) (Photo credit: Mikaela Russell-Zacharias) Wednesday, April 8th: Situated on a mountain r...
My amazing and wonderful mother-in-law, Coy Harmon, passed away last Monday, May 8th at 6:20 p.m. She was blessed with 90 years of love and legacy that she left behind. Link to the audio recording of her funeral: https://drive.google.com/drive/u/2/folders/1_bgcEkd4E8Wt9xhpE1F_4p_aq2zPi1zG She had been having some health issues in recent months, especially with her heart, and went in on April 20th to get a CT scan. The results showed that her entire liver was engulfed in tumors, and there were signs that tumors were elsewhere, too. She was sent to the cancer specialist the very next morning to discuss what to do. The diagnosis was late-stage liver cancer, and the prognosis was bleak. There would be no surgery to remove the tumors, because they would have to remove the entire liver and get a transplant. Not something viable for a 90 year old woman . . . There would be no chemotherapy, either. Instead, she was told to line up some hospice care and that when the time came, the ...
Comments
Post a Comment